About the university
Location: Hangzhou, China
The official name of the university is Zhejiang University of Science & Technology
Traditional Chinese name – 浙江科技學院
Abbreviated – ZUST
ZUST National University is a leading educational institution in China. The HEI is a multidisciplinary university with an emphasis on engineering and includes disciplines in the fields of art, economics, management and education. The university is located in the historical and scenic center of Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang province, in one of the most prosperous provinces in China right at the foot of Mount Xiaohe with a calm lake surrounded by small hills.
The predecessor was Hangzhou Industrial College, associated with Zhejiang University, which was founded back in 1980. The university was established by the Chinese government as an experimental institution of Sino-German cooperation in the development of specialized professionals of high career level.
Zhejiang University of Science and Technology is one of the leading state universities in China.
The university is a leader in the study of technical, natural science disciplines, as well as in the field of economics and management. It is the only university in China to carry out joint study and research programs with German universities. Today, over 18,500 students study at the university, the teaching staff is 1,100 people, including 300 associate professors and professors. Zhejiang University of Science and Technology has 14 Institutes and provides 39 different specialties for undergraduate students.
The university is located in Hangzhou, the capital of the Zhejiang province, which has some of the highest growth rates and huge potential. The city is located 196 km from Shanghai.
The university campus is located in a picturesque place at the foot of the Xiaohe Mountains, from where there is a magnificent view of Lake Xihu, known not only in Hangzhou, but throughout China. The road to the city center and all its attractions takes only 20-25 minutes;
Reasons why you should choose to study at Zhejiang University of Science and Technology:
- The University is funded by the governments of two countries – China and Germany;
- The University trains specialists in technical, humanitarian, natural specialties;
- Thanks to the significant contribution of German university teachers to the development of curricula and materials of the Science and Technology University, university graduates receive knowledge in modern engineering specialties that are in demand all over the world.
- The university trains specialists with good academic knowledge, leadership and innovative qualities;
- The pleasant environment of a beautiful campus and teaching methodology create all conditions for a favorable learning for students;
- Hangzhou is one of the most famous and beautiful cities to travel to. The population is 6.6 million.
University ranking and benefits
Since its inception, ZUST has established successful cooperation with Germany, and now it is a significant platform for education and technology cooperation between Zhejiang province and Germany. Today the university has successfully established official cooperation with more than 50 leading universities. Today, ZUST continues to make strides in developing international collaboration in faculty and student exchanges, research and programs.
The main advantages of ZUST University:
- active cooperation with leading companies in the field of the latest technologies;
- participation in the special program PROJECT 211;
- introduction of the latest scientific developments into the educational process.
Throughout the entire time of its development, the university has always considered international exchanges and international cooperation an important strategy for the successful development of the institution, therefore it has become an important window not only for German education, but also for the world. Now students from Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan are studying at the university.
University composition and university infrastructure
There are 14 training colleges and 1 study department at ZUST University, which offer 56 Bachelor’s programs, 30 Master’s disciplines and 5 Doctoral specialties. The university includes 2 campuses, which are located close to each other. The campuses are home to many learning centers, laboratories, research classrooms, dormitories, athletic fields and courts, as well as a library of over 1.207 million in paper and 2.543 million in electronic form.
Full staff of ZUST University:
- 1,800 teachers, of which 328 are associate professors, 580 specialized specialists and 32 international professors;
- 21,500 students, of which more than 7% are foreigners.
ZUST adheres to the concept of comprehensive learning and development, and also strives to develop highly professional specialists with practical ability, charged with an innovative spirit, international literacy and social responsibility. As a result, the reform of specialized education and training is being actively pursued. The aim of the educational process is to produce executing engineers with international education.
The university offers accommodation in comfortable residences, equipped with everything necessary for leisure and study after academic studies. Rooms are equipped with a bed, wardrobe, table, chair, TV, refrigerator, washing machine, air conditioning, shower, microwave and other kitchen appliances.
The University has a department that organizes leisure activities for its students. Students are offered all kinds of excursions with visits to historical monuments of history and culture of China. The campus is home to many restaurants, teahouses, a variety of shops and service centers. A large number of basketball, football, volleyball and tennis courts are located on the campus.
Admission and tuition fees
Traditional admission to the ZUST institution is made on the general basis provided by the Ministry of Education of China. ZUST currently offers 10 Bachelor’s and 11 Master’s programs in English. To do this, the student must provide a certificate of the IELTS standard with an appropriate indicator.
Annual tuition fees at ZUST:
- registration – 400 yuan;
- insurance – 600 yuan;
- Standard language program – 6,500 yuan;
- Bachelor’s degree – from 14,000 to 18,000 yuan;
- Master’s degree – from 21,000 to 25,000 yuan;
- Doctorate degree – 28,000 to 30,000 RMB.
There is a separate charge for books and study materials in the amount of RMB 300-600.
Every student is eligible for a grant from the Chinese government in the form of preferential tuition. The discount for comprehensive training is 100%, 50% or 25%. In addition, successful students are awarded standard scholarships and additional advanced scholarships from the President of the PRC.
- Mechanical Engineering (Design and Automation)
- Material shaping and machine industry management
- Automation (Electrical and Automation)
- Measuring technology and tools
- Intelligent architecture
- Electrical technology
- Digital media technologies (Computer science and technology)
- Electronic Informatics and Technology (Electronic Information Engineering)
- Communication engineering
- Educational technology
- Civil engineering (Urban planning)
- Water supply and sanitation architecture
- Chemical technology and engineering
- Food Science and Technology
- Pharmaceutical engineering
- Biological engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Art & Design
- Industrial information management information system
- International Economics and Business Logistics (Engineering Marketing)
- Informatics and computer engineering
- applied Physics
- Foreign languages
- College of Mechanics and Automotive
- School of Automation and Electrical Engineering
- Information and Electronic Technology Center
- School of Civil Engineering and Architecture
- School of Biological and Chemical Engineering
- College of Light Industry
- School of Art Design
- School of Economics and Management
- School of Science
- School of Humanities
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
As well as additional faculties:
- Sino-German School
- Sino-German Engineering Institute
Educational programs of ChNTU
- Program of introductory training.
Requirements: age up to 65 years, from 2 weeks. The program is designed for formed groups. Students learn not only the Chinese language, but also get acquainted with the culture of China, visiting various excursions, museums, etc.
- Chinese language learning program.
Requirements: a certificate of secondary complete education. Duration of training: from 2 weeks. 20 lessons per week + 4 free Chinese culture lessons to choose from.
- Educational program.
Requirements: a certificate of secondary vocational education or at least 2 courses of the university (with a list of subjects and grades). The program is in English or Chinese.
- Bachelor’s program.
Requirements: certificate of complete secondary education. HSK level * 4 or 6. (6 – for humanitarian specialties). Duration of studies: 4-5 years Starting dates: September, February.
The main specialties of the undergraduate program:
Institute of Mechanics and Automation
- Mechanical engineering and automation;
- Materials science and control engineering;
Institute of Automation and Electronics
- Electronics and automation;
- Measuring systems and devices;
- Design of information systems
Institute of Informatics and Electronics
- Multimedia technologies
- Computer science and technology
- Electronics and technology
- Engineering of communication systems
- Educational systems
- Civil engineering;
- Urban planning;
- Design of water supply and drainage systems;
Institute of Biological and Chemical Engineering
- Chemical engineering and technology
- Food Science and Technology
- Pharmacological engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Biological Engineering Institute of Light Industry
- Packaging processes;
- Printing technology;
- Light chemical engineering
Institute of Economics and Management
- Industrial engineering
- Information management and information system
- International economics and business
Institute of Natural Sciences
- Information Technology
- Applied Physics
Institute of Foreign Languages
- English language
Institute of Humanities
- Chinese language and literature
Each applicant has the right to live in student dormitories, which are located both on campus and off campus.
Cost of living:
- Single room (within campus) – 1200 RMB / month
- Double room (within campus) – 600 RMB / month
- Single room (off campus) – RMB 800 / month
- Double room (off campus) – RMB 400 / month
There is a separate bedding charge of 300-400 RMB per person one time. There is also a separate payment for electricity (about 1000 RMB per semester).
The educational institution adheres to the modern path of internationalization and always considers international exchanges and cooperation as an important strategy for the development of the school, as a result of which it has formed a distinctive international basis for obtaining a higher education degree.
Official website: zust.edu.cn