About the university
Location: Chengdu, China
The official full name is University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
The traditional name in Chinese is 电子 科技 大学
Abbreviated – UESTC
University of Electronic Science & Technology of China The National University of Electronic Science and Technology of China is located in Sichuan City, Chengdu Province. UESTC is a government key educational institution under the comprehensive leadership of the Chinese Ministry of Education. The university has three campuses: an old campus in Shenghe County for further education and graduate education, a Jiuliti campus for studying communication networks, and a new campus in Qingshuihe for the study of basic disciplines.
In 1956, the university was established by merging the electronic information disciplines of three universities: Jiaotong Institute, Nanjing Institute of Technology and South China Institute of Technology. It was originally founded as the Chengdu College of Radio Engineering. Today, UESTC has evolved into a multidisciplinary university directly under the Ministry of Education of the PRC, where the study of basic sciences and technologies is concentrated on electronic informatics and modern technological methods, which includes management, economics, medicine and humanities.
University ranking and benefits
The State University occupies high ranking positions in the country and in the world. UESTC is ranked among the top 40 institutions in China, indicating a high level of learning. In the world ranking, the university does not fall below the 800 position.
The main advantages of the UESTC University:
- participation in the software platforms PROJECT 211 and PROJECT 985;
- own research platform, which includes world-class laboratories;
- the presence of many national awards for scientific achievements in the field of advanced technologies.
World-famous doctors of sciences, professors and scientists who wish to transfer their knowledge to their students are trained at the university. Some disciplines are taught in English and Japanese, so knowledge of the Chinese language for the Bachelor’s degree is not required.
University composition and infrastructure
On the campus, there are not only educational buildings, but also modern research centers (including the Robot Research Center), communication technology laboratories, information centers, a library and sports grounds. The infrastructure of the institution is built in such a way that students actively spend all their homework and extracurricular time.
The full composition of the UESTC University:
- 3,800 teachers, of which 445 are professors and more than 600 specialized specialists from around the world;
- 31,000 students, of which 5% are foreigners;
- 23:77 – student attitude of women towards men.
UESTC consists of 14 schools as well as Chengdu College and Zhongshan College. It offers 43 Bachelor’s programs, 62 Master’s programs, as well as Master’s profile programs MBA and Engineering.
Admission and tuition fees
UESTC also offers programs in English, which have slightly higher tuition fees than programs taught in Chinese. When enrolling in a course with Chinese training, you must provide an HSK certificate with an indicator of 6. At the same time, the Bachelor’s program has age restrictions – 18-30 years at the time of admission. The master’s program requires an HSK 7 certificate and an age limit of 18-40 years.
Tuition fees per year:
- Course programs – from 7,000 to 14,000 yuan;
- Bachelor’s degree – 15,000 to 20,000 RMB;
- Master’s degree – 25,000 yuan;
- Doctorate degree – 34,000 yuan;
- The registration fee is 500 yuan.
Graduates continue to work in technology and business in their respective countries.
The state educational institution UESTC offers legislative grants to selected students. High academic performance in all subjects entitles the student to preferential education with discounts from 25% to 100%.
- Electronic Science and Technology
- Information and communication engineering
- Optical Engineering
- Instrument making and mechanical engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Politics and International Studies
- Engineering Technology (Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering)
- Integrated circuit and integrated base for the introduction of innovative systems into production
- Business management
- School of Information and Communication Technology
- School of Electronic Science and Technology (Microelectronics Demonstration Center)
- School of Materials and Energy
- School of Mechanics and Electrical Engineering
- Center for Optoelectronic Science and Technology
- Automation Center
- Faculty of Resources and Environment
- School of Computer Science and Engineering (Cyberspace Security Center)
- Institute of Informatics and Software (Software Demonstration Center)
- School of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- College of Mathematical Sciences
- College of Physics
- School of Medicine in cooperation with Sichuan Provincial People’s Hospital
- College of Economics, Management and Public Administration
- Foreign language School
- Glasgow College (Honors) in Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Sports department
- Institute for Basic and Frontier Sciences
- National Key Laboratory Science and Technology in Communications
- Chengdu UESTC College
- UEST Zhongshan Institute
All nonresident students are provided with accommodation on campus in a student residence. The average accommodation fee is 50 to 60 RMB per day per person. The approximate total cost of living on campus ranges from RMB 2,220 to RMB 2,820 per month.