About the university
Location: Guangzhou, China
South China Normal University SCNU opened the doors to applicants in 1933. Today it is the oldest educational institution in the Celestial Empire. Initially, the educational institution functioned as a college, but later it was retrained and began to provide higher education services.
University ranking and benefits
The institute is consistently included in the list of the most prestigious educational institutions in China. Moreover, it can be found in the list of 5% of the most popular universities in the world. At the same time, both local and foreign students study here.
The benefits of a local educational approach include:
- a combination of Asian and European traditions;
- organization of active student life;
All graduates do not encounter problems with employment, since the university diploma is highly rated all over the world.
Composition and infrastructure
The total number of university students is 40,000. About 4,000 teachers work with young people, among whom there are not only residents of the Middle Kingdom, but also foreigners. International exchange programs are actively organized, which allow students to gain experience abroad.
A library with a reading room is equipped for students, there are computer labs and full technical equipment that allows you to teach those who wish even remotely.
Admission and tuition fees
The university conducts a fairly strict selection of applicants. The main emphasis is on the academic performance that the applicant had at the previous place of study. The list of required documents includes:
- copy of your passport;
- photo (6 pieces);
- health certificate;
- certificate (with translation);
- a certificate of no criminal record;
- certificate on form 082.
The average cost of education for an undergraduate program is 5,000 USD per year, with payment paid by semester. The cost of a master’s program is also approximately $ 5,000 per year. It is recommended to check the specific amount on the institute’s website, since it depends on the type of the chosen program. The approximate cost of educational services is:
- for a short-term Chinese language program – 3000 rmb / 460 $ per month;
- for a language program – 8600 rmb / 1320 $ semester, 18600 rmb / 2850 $ per academic year;
- for undergraduate studies – 17600 – 22000 rmb / 2700 – 3380 $ per academic year.
The registration fee of 500 rmb / 75 $ is paid separately immediately upon submission of documents and is not refundable if the applicant is not eventually enrolled in the university.
Even those applicants who apply for the cheapest programs, the university provides financial support in the form of scholarships. Grant documents are submitted in parallel with admission to the university. In order to receive a scholarship, it is necessary to have excellent academic performance and actively participate in student life.
The university accepts foreign students in three main forms of study:
- Short-term program of studying Chinese (includes cultural program, excursions and other activities) – duration 1 month.
- The standard Chinese learning program lasts from 1 year.
- Bachelor’s degree – 4 years.
The university offers specialties of various types for students from abroad. Among them are the following:
- Chinese language and culture.
- International economics.
- Translation from English for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Management and public administration.
- Tourism management.
- Mathematics and Applied Mathematics.
This list can be supplemented by many more specialties, each of which is taught by experienced professors and is supported by practical activities.
Despite the pedagogical profile, the university includes various types of divisions, among which the following areas stand out:
- natural sciences;
- linguistics and translation studies;
- physics and chemistry;
At the same time, the undergraduate program includes programs for foreign students in each of the listed profiles. At the end of the four-year period of study, the opportunity is given to continue studies in the master’s program of the same university
The campus of the institute is open to foreign visitors. Students are offered rooms with private facilities (including a private bathroom), where one or two people live. Depending on the type of accommodation, the cost is:
- for a single room – 1650 yuan / $ 250 for one month;
- for a double room – 1000 yuan / $ 150 for one month.
There is a washing machine on the floor, and students can also use all the facilities located on the campus (sports ground, etc.).