About the university
Location: Shenyang, China
The official full name of the institution is Shenyang University of Technology
Chinese name is 沈 阳 工业 大学
Abbreviated – SUT
Shenyang University of Technology SUT State University is located in Shenyang City and is a multidisciplinary research and development training center of the PRC. The institution is famous for engineering, scientific, economic, management, literary, legal, philosophical and artistic directions. The school motto of the institution is “Self-confidence!”
SUT National University was established in 1949 as the Northeastern Technical College of Management and Engineering. In June 1985, the College was renamed as Shenyang Industrial University. And only in February 2002, an institution under the auspices of the Ministry of Industry of the PRC was named the Shenyang Technological University of the highest category, which gives the right to receive doctoral degrees.
University ranking and benefits
SUT Open University is one of the top 1000 research institutions in the PRC. The institution has established interuniversity partnerships with 49 leading universities and colleges in the USA, Russia, Japan, Germany, Great Britain, Australia, Korea, Finland, etc. Therefore, students can practice in any country in the world.
Benefits of SUT University:
- introduction of world-class international educational programs with the United States into the educational process;
- participation in research activities and developments;
- participation in the PROJECT 211 software platform.
The national key discipline is Mechanical Engineering, Motors and Electrical Appliances. The institution focused on the best casting and welding instructors in China. It is here that most foreign students study. The institution has its own National Research Center for Engineering Technologies for the development and transfer of modern technological methods. The center is a scientific asset of China.
University composition and infrastructure
The campus consists of two study areas: the main campus, the original Shenyang Mechanical and Electrical Engineering College, and the Liaoyang Campus Department. In general, SUT consists of 4 parts: Central Campus, Xingshun Campus, National Science University Park and Liaoyang Campus. The Central Campus is the main campus which is located in the Shenyang Economic and Technological Development Zone. The institution covers an area of 1,589,900 m2, which includes 20 schools, 2 teaching and 2 engineering training centers, laboratories, and a library.
The full composition of the SUT University:
- 2,500 teachers, of which more than 40% are doctors of sciences and specialized specialists;
- 35,000 students, of which 23,500 are full-time students, of which 300 are foreigners.
Among the teachers there are laureates of the National Medal of Labor and the State Prize in Science and Technology, as well as leaders of national professional associations. Professors and associate professors make up 44.8 percent of full-time teachers.
Admission and tuition fees
Education at the university is conducted in English and Chinese, so those students who do not speak Chinese can study for a Bachelor’s degree in English without providing an HSK certificate. As for the Master’s degree, the HSK certificate is required, since further education takes place in Chinese. The deadline for applications is July 31st.
Tuition fees at SUT in RMB:
- Bachelor’s degree – 16,000 RMB;
- Master’s degree – from 18,000 to 20,000 RMB;
- Doctorate degree – 24,000 RMB;
- language program – from 6 200 to 12 400 RMB;
- registration compulsory fee – 500 RMB.
SUT University offers 55 undergraduate programs and 19 additional vocational training programs. There are also 5 professional postgraduate programs offered: Master of Engineering, Master of Accounting, Master of Business Administration, Master of Engineering Management and Master of Finance.
SUT Multidisciplinary University provides successful students with legal grants that qualify for preferential tuition. Since the Bachelor’s degree is taught in English, an HSK certificate is not required. The package of documents must be submitted by July 31, and also apply in advance for a place in the hostel.
- Electrical Engineering and Automation
- International economics and trade
- Mechanical design, fabrication and automation
- Computer Science and Technology
- Civil engineering
- Electronics and power engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Humanitarian sciences
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Electrical Engineering
- Center for Informatics and Engineering
- School of Economics
- Administrative School
- Science school
- College of Literature and Law
- College of Petrochemical Engineering
- Center for Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Foreign language School
- Center for Continuing Education
- School of International Education
- Xinghua College
- High School of Professional Technology
- Faculty of Postgraduate Education
SUT National University offers nonresident students accommodation on campus in student residences. The cost of living in a double standard room with air conditioning is 480 RMB, in a double two-room room – 750 RMB, in a single room – 1050 RMB. The approximate cost of a full meal is 700 RMB.