About the university
Location: Shenyang, China
Chinese Medical University (English name – China Medical University) is one of the most famous universities in the country that trains future doctors. It was opened in 1931 in Shenyang City, Jiangxi Province. To date, the educational institution has reached international status.
The institute has great potential and is actively recruiting foreign students. It is worth doing here for those who really want to connect their lives with medicine and are ready to work actively to obtain a prestigious diploma.
University ranking and benefits
The university is considered prestigious both for applicants from China itself and for foreign students. Every year it is included in the list of 110 best universities in the Middle Kingdom. The physician training program is so good and effective that it is listed by the WHO as one of the most effective.
Among the main advantages of the university are the following:
- The presence of a large number of exchange programs with many universities around the world.
- A wide range of medical programs, not only in Chinese, but also in English.
- A chance to get a diploma that will be highly rated not only in China, but throughout Asia, as well as in America and Europe.
- The opportunity to live and study in the largest city in northeast China and gain invaluable international experience.
Experienced teachers, state-of-the-art equipment, practice-oriented teaching process – all this is the China Medical
Composition and infrastructure
Today, the number of students at China Medical University reaches 24,000. Among them there are young people not only from China, but also from other states, including the CIS countries and Southeast Asia, South Korea, Japan and others. About 6,000 teachers work with students, most of whom have academic degrees and are actively involved in research activities.
There is also a library and reading room on campus, where you can find a large amount of specialized literature.
Admission and tuition fees
The following requirements are imposed on those wishing to enter the university:
- Age – from 18 years old.
- The presence of a school certificate (with translation into Chinese or English).
- Availability of HSK-4 certificate (for those who want to study in Chinese).
- IELTS certificate with a score of at least 5.5 or TOEFL ibt with a score of at least 68 (for those who want to study in English).
If the results of the language exams are absent, the applicant must pass the entrance tests at the university.
Tuition fees for foreigners are presented in the table below.
Стоимость обучения для иностранцев представлена в таблице ниже.
|Program Type||Duration||Cost (per year of study)|
|Undergraduate (Chinese)||5 years||RMB 32,000 (about $ 5480)|
|Undergraduate (English)||6 years||35,000 yuan (about $ 6,000)|
|Master’s||3 years||RMB 42,000 (about $ 7,200)|
The university belongs to state educational institutions, in connection with which students (including foreigners) are provided with financial support. Tuition fees can be paid through a scholarship from the Confucius Institute or the Government of China, in addition, the university itself allocates separate funds for the payment of grants to students from other countries.
In addition, China Medical University offers a discount of 2/3 of the total tuition fee to those students who agree to undertake an internship in Chinese medical institutions.
For detailed information it is recommended to refer to the Institute’s website.
Due to the specialization, China Medical University offers the following types of programs for international students:
- Bachelor’s degree (Chinese or English), specialties: “Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery”, “Dentistry”, “Healthcare”, “Nursing”, “Pharmacology”, “Clinical Pharmacology”.
- Master’s degree (English), specialties: “Basic Medicine”, “Clinical Medicine.
Separately, it is necessary to mention the international programs implemented on the basis of the institute:
- The American Program (NAECM) includes six years of study in English.
- The General International Program (IECM) in English also includes six years of study.
- The original five-year program in Chinese (ICCM), which is conducted in accordance with the country’s state educational standards.
The listed programs involve not only theoretical training, but also numerous practices and internships at university hospitals and research centers.
The university consists of separate schools and research centers. Among the faculties, the following stand out:
- Biomedical Engineering.
- General medicine.
- Humanities and social sciences.
Also, the institute has three own hospitals, in which students undergo practical training. Retraining and advanced training centers are open for those who wish.
Single rooms in the new dormitory on campus have been specially equipped for foreign students. All rooms are equipped with furniture, as well as a private bathroom and bed linen. Accommodation cost is:
- For a room with a balcony – 18 yuan (about $ 4) per day.
- For a standard-sized room – 17 RMB (about $ 3.5) per night.
- For a smaller room – 14 yuan (about $ 3) per night.
The minimum stay is 1 year.
The university is good. I study here on a scholarship, without it it would be expensive. The best thing here is the laboratories, which have incredible equipment. The main problem is some teachers’ English, which is hard to understand. The rest is at a normal level, the hostel is comfortable, halal food is sold in cafes and canteens. The atmosphere at the institute is pleasant, and the teachers and local students are friendly and ready to help at any time.