About the university
Location: Shenyang, China
Official full name – Shenyang Ligong University
Chinese name – 沈 阳 理工 大学
Abbreviated – SLU
Shenyang Ligong University logo SLU is a multidisciplinary educational institution with a combination of science, management, culture, economics, law and the arts. The predecessor of the university was the military specialized school of the North-Eastern Military District, founded in 1948. It was only in 2016 that the National Defense Science and Technology Department and the Liaoning Provincial People’s Government jointly established the Shenyang Ligong Polytechnic University.
The university is located in the high-tech development zone of Liaoning province near the southern bank of the Hong River in a picturesque place, therefore it is valued among employers from around the world. Over the decades of development, SLU has evolved from a single-profile military-technical school into a multi-disciplinary university of the highest category.
University ranking and benefits
SLU has established stable cooperation with 65 universities in 11 countries, such as Russia, Kazakhstan, USA, UK, Canada, Germany, Japan, Finland and others. Four modern laboratories were built with the participation of the institutes of the National Academy of Sciences of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, so they are glad to see Russian-speaking students here.
According to the official website, the university has the most important departments, namely:
- 1 national scientific and technical base for cooperation in the field of science and technology;
- 1 national key laboratory out of 863 high-tech development plan;
- 1 large science and technology platform in Liaoning Province;
- 8 provincial and ministerial key laboratories;
- 11 ministerial engineering technology research centers.
In November 2006, the university carried out a large-scale enrichment and construction of a weapons showroom at the Engineering Equipment School. In May 2007, an exhibition armory was opened.
University composition and infrastructure
The university covers an area of 1.13 million m2 and the area of school buildings is 444,000 m2. There are many research bases, training centers and laboratories on the campus. The university consists of 16 institutes. In addition, the site houses one of the largest libraries in the province, as well as the Museum of Weapons and Military Equipment.
The full composition of the SLU:
- 1,900 teachers, including 398 doctoral and postgraduate students and 546 specialized specialists;
- 32,500 students, of which about 10% are foreigners.
In order to meet the study needs of international students for full immersion in the Chinese language and culture using specific learning objectives, SLU has established multidisciplinary language classes, carefully organizing schedules and activities to best match the resources at the university’s disposal to the needs of the program and its students. … The range of programs for the courses is of high quality, not only in grammar, oral Chinese, listening comprehension and reading, but also in the development of hands-on courses that emphasize video-audio teaching, practical listening and speaking skills, and rhetorical work.
Admission and tuition fees
Priority for admission is given to applicants with good physical fitness and excellent academic performance. Since training in most specialties is carried out in Chinese, students must provide an HSK certificate with an indicator of at least level 4.
Tuition fees at SLU:
- registration fee – 400 yuan;
- language program – 12,600 yuan;
- Bachelor’s degree – 15,000 to 18,000 yuan;
- Master’s degree – from 20,000 to 23,000 yuan;
- Doctorate degree – 30,000 yuan.
SLU implements several directions for the preparation of foreign students and interns, namely – Summer and Winter language courses and Intensive language learning for passing the HSK exam.
Any successful international applicant is eligible for grants from the Ministry of Education that provide preferential education. To guarantee the grant of a grant, the student must submit an application in advance. Depending on the chosen destination, a discount of 100%, 50% or 25% of the total cost will be provided.
- Artistic design
- Business management
- Automation (Electrical and Automation)
- Applied chemistry
- Chemical Engineering and Technology (Biochemical Engineering)
- Computer Science and Technology (Detection, Control and Monitoring Technologies)
- Electronic and Information Engineering
- Electronic Science and Technology
- Environmental Engineering (Industrial Engineering)
- Information and Computer Engineering (Information Technology)
- Development of inorganic non-metallic materials
- International economics and trade
- Finance and banking
- Mechanical engineering and production and their automation
- High Molecular Materials and Technique (Material Processing and Control Technology)
- Mechanotronics (Mechanical and Electronic Engineering)
- Optical informatics and technology
- Heat and energy (Ammunition and explosive technologies)
- Automotive engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering (Machine Tool)
- School of Automotive and Transportation
- Faculty of Informatics and Engineering
- School of Economics and Management
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- Center for Environmental and Chemical Engineering
- Foreign language School
- School of Equipment Engineering
- College of Science
- School of architecture
- College of Art and Design
- National Defense Institute
- high school
- College of Continuing Education
Professional development programs:
- Postgraduate Weapons Research Station
- Postdoctoral Research Station in Weapons Science and Technology
The cost of living in a student hostel per person:
- Single room – 50,000 RMB / year or 50 RMB / day
- Double room – 25,000 RMB / year or 25 RMB / day
- Short-term 4-bed room – 120 RMB / day per room.
Utility bills, in particular water and electricity bills, are paid separately. In addition, you will have to pay about 140-220 yuan per semester for study material.
The University organizes SLU numerous cultural field trips, exchanges, sports and recreational competitions, as well as various forms of language practice and cultural events. International students can appreciate and experience Chinese culture and society in general. There are many “second class” courses here, such as Chinese calligraphy, painting, tea culture, Tai Chi Chuan, Chinese opera and other traditional cultural practices. International students can not only study the language and traditions of China, but also carry out a deeper study of modern national economic development, history and the continuation of the adaptive sense of culture.