About the university
Location: Nanjing, China
Nanjing Tech University (NJTech; Chinese: 南京 工业 大学; pinyin: Nánjīng Gōngyè Dàxú), colloquially known as NaN Gong da (or nangongda, 南. 大), takes its history back in 1902, has gone through many reorganizations over more than a century of history … Nanjing Technical University, as it is today, was formed in 2001 through the merger of Nanjing University of Chemical Technology and Nanjing Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering.
University ranking and benefits
- World University Rankings 801-1000
- Asia University Rankings 165
Nanjing Tech University pays special attention to scientific research. To date, the staff and students of the university have successfully carried out 5000 natural science projects. Among the awards for scientific discovery, 100 papers are highly acclaimed at the national, ministerial and provincial levels.
University composition and infrastructure
Nanjing Technical University is located in Jiangsu Province, China. It is represented by two campuses, which in total cover an area of more than 267 hectares. The main campus, Jiangpu, is located in the area of the same name, north of Nanjing City and east of Zhujiang City.
NJTech includes 26 colleges. 70 disciplines in eight main branches are available for study: engineering, science, management, economics, humanities, law, philosophy and medicine.
About 30,000 students study here, including foreign students. The university employs 2,800 teachers and staff.
Nanjing University of Technology has joint research centers with leading universities in the world such as Imperial College London, Moscow State University, Nanyang Technological University, two Confucius Institutes, the University of Johannesburg in South Africa and the University of Zaragoza in Spain.
Six 3 + 1 joint Sino-Foreign Bachelor programs with the University of Sheffield and Tall Institute of Technology.
1 + 2 Mater program with the University of Burgundy. Dozens of student mobility programs with the University of California, Davis, National University of Singapore.
Admission and tuition fees
Undergraduate studies are available in English and Chinese, duration 4 years, cost 16,000-17,000 yuan per year.
Master’s studies are available only in Chinese, the duration is 3 years, the cost is 23,000 and 32,000 yuan per year, respectively.
For students with high academic success, several types of grants are provided that cover all or part of the cost of tuition and living expenses, including a Government grant, a Provincial grant, a grant from the university
NJTech has a wide variety of study programs, including 5 graduate programs, 35 PhD programs, 107 master’s programs, 19 master’s programs and 80 undergraduate programs.
Schools and faculties
- College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- College of Materials Science and Engineering
- College of Engineering and Energy
- College of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Engineering9
- College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- College of Electrical Engineering and Management (CAEE)
- College of Food Science and Light Industry
- College of Electronics and Information Technology
- College of Architecture
- College of Industrial and Artistic Design
- College of Energy
- College of Transportation Science and Technology
- Engineering Geomatic College
- College of Politics and Education
- College of Civil Engineering
- College of Urban Building and Safety Engineering
- College of the Environment
- College of Computer Science
- College of Economics and Management
- College of Law and Administration
- College of Foreign Languages
- College of International Education
- Faculty of Mechanics
- Department of Physical Education
- College of Continuing Education
- Pujiang College
- College 2011
- College of Safety Science and Engineering
The university provides a dormitory for accommodation with 2-bed accommodation, at a cost of 4,000 yuan per year.