About the university
Location: Nanjing, China
Nanjing Normal University, in Chinese – 南京 师范大学, abbreviated – NNU) is located in Nanjing and is one of the oldest educational institutions in China. The predecessor of the NNU was the ancient Imperial University, which was founded back in 258.
NNU University was reorganized in 1902 from an imperial university into a modern public campus. He is now renowned for his academic and scientific research and is included in Project 211 as one of the key higher education construction projects in the PRC.
University ranking and benefits
NNU is one of the top 50 institutions in China for the preparation of teachers of the highest category. According to the academic assessment by the Ministry of Education of China, NNU is ranked 9th in pedagogy. In the world list, the institution is included in the 1000 best universities.
- participation in the Project 211 program;
- use of progressive teaching methods;
- participation in international development and research.
Education at the university takes place only in Chinese, so applicants must take language courses and pass the HSK exam with scores of 3-6.
University Composition and Infrastructure
Currently, NNU has three campuses, Xianlin Campus, Suiyuan Campus and Zijin Campus, which have a beautiful design approach. Xianlin is NNU’s newest and largest campus, housing a modern library and sports centers, including a huge stadium. The total number of libraries on the territory of 3 campuses is 7.
The full composition of the university:
- more than 2,000 teachers, of which 30% are doctors of sciences, academicians and specialized specialists from other countries;
- about 34,000 students, of which 1,800 are foreigners from 130 countries.
There are 25 independent schools and colleges on the territory of the university, which offer training in 80 areas of the Bachelor’s program, 168 areas of the Master’s program and 82 areas of the Doctoral program.
Admission and tuition fees at NNU
Admission to a pedagogical university is carried out at the legislative level in China. The student is obliged to provide the admission committee not only with the Certificate for 11 classes, but also the HSK certificate, since the training takes place in Chinese. In addition, it is necessary to know English, since NNU cooperates with more than 90 educational institutions from other countries of the world and participates in a single international student exchange program.
Tuition fees at NNU per year:
- Undergraduate studies from 16,600 to 19,900 yuan;
- Master’s degree from 18,200 to 22,000 yuan;
- Doctorate from 24,000 to 34,000 yuan;
- language program – 22,000 yuan;
- registration mandatory fee – 400 yuan.
Before enrolling in an institution, it is imperative to undergo training in language courses, regardless of the degree of knowledge of the Chinese language.
NNU University provides legislative grants only to successful students. Students who have been awarded benefits receive the opportunity to study free for 4 years of the Bachelor’s degree. To receive grants, it is necessary to send the relevant documents confirming a high subject score, in advance, send it online to the official website of the university.
- Thermal energy and energy
- Technologies and equipment
- Preschool and school education
- Computer techologies
- Languages and Literature
- Chinese language and culture
- College of Business – Faculty of Law
- School of Public Administration
- School of Chinese Language and Literature, Foreign Languages and Cultures
- College of Journalism and Communication
- School of Social Development
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Geography
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Psychology
- College of Education
- School of Chemistry and Materials Science
- School of Physics and Technology
- School of Computer Science and Technology
- School of Electrical Engineering and Automation
- School of Energy and Mechanical Engineering
- School of the Environment
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Music
- College of Sports Science and Physical Education
- School of Teacher Education
- International College of Chinese Studies
- College of honor
The NNU educational institution provides nonresident students with accommodation on campus in a student residence. The cost for a standard double room is from 4,200 to 4,800 yuan per semester. While in a four-bed room, only 2,000 yuan per person. A single room costs 120 RMB per night.