About the university
Location: Wuhan, China
The official full name of the university is Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Traditional Chinese name – 华中科技大学
Abbreviated – HUST
National HUST University is a key institution in the field of science and technology, namely the IT industry, and is directly under the comprehensive management of the Ministry of Education and the PRC State. The institution is located in the center of China in the city of Wuhan at the foot of the Yuya Mountain and next to the East Lake, in a city that is one of the largest cities in the PRC. Thanks to the abundant greenery that surrounds the university, HUST has been awarded the title of “University of the Forest”.
Hust was founded on May 26, 2000 as a result of the successful reunification of the former Huazhong Institute of Science and Technology, Tongji Medical Institute and Wuhan City Construction Institute. The institution is one of the first educational institutions to join the national programs “Project 211” and “Project 985”.
University ranking and benefits
Hust offers international students and staff a first-class logistics service, efficient network services and rich library resources. The university has long established partnerships with over 100 renowned educational institutions and research institutions. Now more than 100 renowned scientists and experts come to HUST every year and lecture students, passing on their rich and valuable experience. For example, the relationship between the world famous Huawei and HUST is quite close due to their deep roots. Huawei’s internal China division occupies half of the executives, including the two Huawei vice chairs and the CEO who are university alumni.
The main advantages of the HUST University:
- active cooperation with world companies in the field of creating innovative technologies and engineering research activities;
- introduction into the educational process of development programs of world importance;
- participation in two significant programs PROJECT 211 and PROJECT 985.
In 2017, the university was ranked 282nd in the world and 8th in China, according to US News and World Report, 1st in Hubei province and 3rd among scientific and technical institutions, behind only Tsinghua University and University. science and technology of China. On the basis of the university, the Dian team was created, which is a student incubation station for students based on a mentor system. There are currently 27 companies in the Dian team.
University composition and infrastructure
HUST covers an area of over 1,153 acres with a picturesque setting with over 72% green. On campus, HUST hosts scientific and cultural festivals and various cultural events to create a special atmosphere for humanity, culture and education. The university has many national, specialized defense and engineering laboratories, which are a national treasure of China. And also many hospitals and hospitals. For example, Affiliated Union Hospital and Tongji Hospital are large state-of-the-art comprehensive hospitals that integrate the functions of health care, education, research and teaching.
The full composition of the HUST University:
- 3000 full-time teachers, more than 900 of whom are professors and 1300 associate professors, including 24 academicians and 36 laureates of the National Science Foundation of Scientists;
- 55,000 full-time and part-time students, of which more than 10% are foreigners.
In addition to the choice of employment, a significant number of graduates choose to pursue postgraduate studies. Among the graduates of 2017, there are 1,776 postgraduates and 1,310 postgraduates of the highest category, which is 43.39% of the total number of graduates.
Admission and tuition fees
Standard admission to HUST follows generally accepted rules. The university offers 86 bachelor’s degrees, 24 first-level disciplines for doctoral and master’s degrees, 256 master’s programs, 181 doctoral programs, 31 post-doctoral programs at the research station.
The average cost of an annual study for a Bachelor’s degree is 23,000 yuan, for a Master’s degree – 30,000 yuan, for a Doctorate degree – from 35,000 yuan. At the same time, the registration mandatory fee is 600 – 800 yuan.
HUST University provides all successful students, including foreign ones, with legislative grants that entitle them to receive preferential tuition for undergraduate degrees. In addition, the student receives a standard scholarship and an increased scholarship from the government. The amount of the scholarship ranges from RMB 3,000 to 10,000 per month.
- Mechanical engineering
- Optical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Energy and engineering thermal physics
- Electrical engineering
- Environmental Science and Technology
- Control Science and Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- The medicine
- Management and economics
- Jurisprudence, education
- Foreign language and literature
- Marine and Ocean Engineering
- Architecture, civil engineering
- School of Mechanics and Engineering
- School of Computer Science and Technology
- College of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Marine Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- School of Hydropower and Digital Engineering
- School of Software
- Center for Ecology and Engineering
- School of Electronic Information and Communication
- Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning
- School of Construction and Mechanics
- Center for Chemical Engineering
- School of Mathematics and Statistics
- School of Physics
- School of Economics and Management (Faculty of Public Administration)
- College of Humanities
- School of Journalism and Information Communication
- Law school
- Foreign language School
- Primary School of Medicine (School of Medicine and Health Management)
- Pharmacy pharmacy
- School of Public Health
- Multidisciplinary Clinical College (Department of Forensic Medicine, Department of Nursing)
- School of Distance Learning and Continuing Education
- Institute of Pedagogical Sciences
- Sports department
- National Optoelectronics Research Center (School of Optics and Electronics)
- International Institute of Microelectronics
- Aerospace Academy
All nonresident students are eligible to live on campus in a student residence. The building consists of four separate buildings, which are categorized as A, B, C and D. They are equipped with first-class rooms and lecture halls, equipped with air conditioning and multimedia equipment. The hostel can accommodate over 18 400 people. The approximate cost of living is 5000 RMB per year for a single and double room or 700-900 RMB per month for a single room. All students must have at least 180 days of residence.
Internet is paid separately and is about 70 RMB per month. All student rooms have a laundry room, water heater, air conditioning, internet, telephone, furniture and bed linen.