About the university
Location: Guangzhou, China
Guangzhou University is located in Guangzhou, one of the most developed and largest centers in China. Due to its proximity to Hong Kong, university students have the opportunity to undergo a variety of international internships and participate in exchange programs. The institute began its work in 2000 and today it is one of the medium-sized educational institutions. However, from year to year, the number of applicants entering here increases, and the prestige of the university increases.
University ranking and benefits
The institute is among the 2000 best specialized higher education institutions in China. At the same time, special attention is paid to the practical activities of students. Other benefits of studying at this university include:
- An opportunity to get a bachelor’s or master’s degree in China at an adequate price.
- No problems with employment: The graduate degree is highly regarded in the Asian labor market.
- A chance to learn from teachers around the world.
- High level of teaching of Chinese as a foreign language.
Upon admission to Guangzhou University, the applicant gets a unique opportunity to get acquainted with the local language and culture, living in one of the most dynamically developing cities of the Celestial Empire.
Composition and infrastructure
At the moment, about 20,000 students study at Guangzhou University, including representatives of foreign countries. Classes are held on an urban campus. Students have free access to the library (including the electronic reading room). Also, a sports ground is specially equipped for young people and numerous sections are open.
Admission and tuition fees
To submit documents, you need to download the application form on the official website of the university. The completed form must be sent to [email protected] along with:
- a copy of your passport;
- two letters of recommendation from teachers (for undergraduates);
- a copy of the diploma with translation and a list of all grades.
After reviewing all the documents, a decision is made on the student’s enrollment or refusal. The answer is sent by e-mail.
The cost of education depends on the type of program chosen:
- Language courses – 16,000 yuan / $ 2,450 per year.
- Undergraduate – from 18,000 to 28,000 yuan / $ 2760-$ 4300 per year.
- Master’s degree – from 20,000 to 30,000 yuan / 3050 $ -4600 $ per year.
- Participants in research programs – from 2000 to 3000/300 $ -460 $ yuan per month (depending on the subject).
Educational literature and registration fee for admission (400 yuan / $ 60) are paid separately.
Guangzhou University offers two types of scholarships for international students who have passed all exams perfectly:
- full scholarship;
- a scholarship that covers half of the costs.
In the first case, the grant covers the full cost of education, accommodation and also includes monthly payments for daily expenses. The second option is designed only to pay for the study program.
You can apply for a scholarship immediately upon registration. Moreover, money can be paid monthly or in a lump sum (every December).
The Institute offers a large number of programs at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Among them are the following:
- “Economics and Statistics”;
- “Public Administration”;
- Music and Choreography;
- “Chemistry and Chemical Engineering”;
- “Architecture and Urban Planning”.
It is also permissible to continue education in doctoral studies in the chosen specialty.
The university includes several departments, each of which has its own areas of education. Among them, we can mention schools:
- civil engineering;
- the laws;
- electro-mechanical engineering.
We should also mention the International Business College, where the majority of foreign students study.
Two hostels have been built specifically for foreigners on the campus. Students are offered single accommodation at a cost of RMB 30 / $ 5 per day. In this case, payment is made monthly. The rooms are equipped with everything you need: a private bathroom, telephone and Internet access.