About the university
Location: Dalian, China
(international name – Dalian Medical University) has been operating since 1947. Having started its history as a simple college, in half a century it has become one of the most popular universities in China. According to statistics, this is where the bulk of foreign students come to study surgery and therapy in Asian and international versions. Among the partners of the university there are universities and research centers not only in Europe, but also in America and Africa. The local school of surgery is traditionally considered one of the strongest in the Middle Kingdom.
University ranking and benefits
Traditionally, the institute ranks among the prestigious educational institutions in China. Many famous doctors studied here, who today themselves lecture students and conduct workshops.
The main advantages of the local education are:
- Active practical and scientific activities under the guidance of experienced specialists.
- An opportunity to study the features of both European and Asian approaches to treatment.
- Strong school of therapy and dentistry (also in English).
The listed advantages annually attract foreign students, whose number every year.
Composition and infrastructure
The university is considered large, because the number of graduate students alone is almost 4500 people. About 1,500 teachers work with students, including experienced doctors and nurses who share practical experience. Separately, it is worth mentioning the staff who work in hospitals where students undergo residency.
Dalian University has a large network of partners among foreign institutions. Graduates and even those who have not yet completed their studies have the opportunity to participate in international cooperation.
In addition to educational buildings, the campus hosts classes for laboratory and research work. Also at the service of students is a library with a large number of books and a reading room, a lot of materials for a visual study of the physiological characteristics of the human body, etc.
Admission and tuition fees
The approximate price of educational services is:
- Language courses – 8000 rmb / 1230 $ per semester, 15000 rmb / 2300 $ per year.
- Bachelor’s programs (language of instruction – Chinese) – 30,000-32,000 rmb / 4615 $ -4900 $ per year.
- Bachelor’s programs (language of instruction – English) – 40,000-42,000 rmb / 6100 $ -6450 $ per year.
- Master’s programs (language of instruction – Chinese) – 30,000-32,000 rmb / 4615 $ -4900 $ per year.
- Master’s programs (language of instruction – English) – 30,000-32,000 rmb / 4615 $ -4900 $ per year.
The following requirements are imposed on applicants:
- Age – 18 years and older.
- Having a high school diploma.
- HSK-4 certificate (for those wishing to study in both English and Chinese).
- HSK-6 certificate (for those applying for a master’s degree).
- You will also need a certificate of the applicant’s health status.
Among the programs for foreigners stand out:
- Study of the Chinese language – 1 semester / 1 year.
- Bachelor’s degree – 4-5 years.
- Bachelor’s degree in English – 5-6 years.
- Master’s degree – 3 years.
- Master’s degree in English – 3 years.
Among the specialties, the most popular are:
- General medicine.
- Acupuncture and massage.
- Preventive medicine.
In the first case, upon graduation, students receive a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (the program is available in English).
Education in the magistracy is carried out in the following areas:
- Clinical medicine.
- General medicine + cardiology.
- Combined European and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
In addition to specialized medical directions, applicants are offered courses at the faculties of natural science and humanitarian profile. Among them, the most famous directions are:
- Law and jurisprudence.
- The photo.
The cost of these programs is the same as that of specialized medical, only the duration of training may differ.
There are strict requirements for international students: they must not live outside the campuses of the university. Apartments for foreigners are located in Zhongshan or Lyushinkou districts (both quarters are far enough from the city center).
The rooms are designed for two people and are equipped with everything you need (shower, toilet, internet connection, telephone). All organizational issues are helped by the administrator. The cost of accommodation is 27 rmb (about $ 4.5) per person per day.