About the university
Location: Changzhou, China
Official full name – Changzhou Institute of Technology
The traditional name in Chinese is 常熟 理工大學
Abbreviated – CIT
Changzhou State Institute of Technology is a nationally recognized provincial educational institution, famous for its polytechnic, applied technology and teacher education. Located in the center of the Yangtze River Delta, Changzhou Province. CIT is officially accredited and recognized by the Changzhou Provincial Education Department.
Although CIT University was established in 1978, it quickly achieved the necessary standards for inviting foreign experts and enrolling international students. Before that, it was known as Changzhou Teachers College. The institution adheres to schooling and basic development, which contributes to the reform of the teaching regime and the improvement of its qualities.
University ranking and benefits
The National Institute is one of the 400 best universities in the PRC. In the world community, it is included in the 3000 best universities. CIT is making great efforts to improve the system and talent, explore new teaching mechanisms and methods that can integrate teaching well. It also attaches great importance to achieving overall student development, learning and professional development, as well as integrated qualities through various channels such as vocational training, recreational and sports activities, thematic education, club activities, and social practices.
The main advantages of CIT University:
- close collaboration with leading technology companies;
- participation in the PROJECT 211 program;
- participation in development and research together with large companies.
CIT is now emerging as a hands-on institution of higher education with distinctive characteristics, offering undergraduate programs in fields such as engineering, humanities, economics, management, education and the arts.
University composition and infrastructure
CIT includes: Liaohe Road Campus, Wushan Road Campus, Hui Guan Bang Host Campus and the Science and Technology Industrial Park with a total area of about 87 hectares. CIT itself covers an area of over 70 hectares for training. It has 16 schools offering 44 undergraduate degree programs.
The full composition of the CIT Institute:
- 1,900 teachers, of which 60% are associate professors and professors (including 600 doctors);
- 15,000 students, of which 10% are foreigners.
CIT has established long-term and friendly relationships with more than 20 overseas higher education institutions in various fields.
Admission and tuition fees
Admission to the institute is based on points from the previous place of study and the level of knowledge of the Chinese language, therefore, before submitting documents, you must obtain an HSK certificate with a level of at least 4.
The average tuition fee for an undergraduate degree is 18,000 yuan, and a master’s degree is 25,000 yuan. In addition, a registration fee of 400 RMB must be paid. The textbook fee is 800 RMB (RMB).
CIT places great emphasis on helping underprivileged students and forms a complete system. It opens a green channel for especially poor students and provides loans and grants to them. Legislative grants can only be used by successful students whose complex subject indicator is at least 80 points. Scholarships range from RMB 1,000 to RMB 4,000. In addition, the institute has established a scholarship for new students, and a reward for successful students up to 10,000 yuan one-time.
- Electronic Information Engineering
- Communication technology
- Mechanical electronics
- Computer Science and Technology
- Industrial design
- Electronic Science and Technology
- Car maintenance
- Measurement and control of technology and instrument
- Photoelectric Informatics and Technology
- Automotive engineering
- New energy
- Electrical Engineering and Automation
- Civil engineering
- Chemical Technology
- Electrical system and intelligent integration in construction
- Urban underground space technology and flight technology
- Foreign languages
- Chinese language and literature
- Industrial engineering
- Project and Account Management
- Business management and marketing
- Logistics management
- Utility management
- Hotel administration
- International economics and trade
- Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
- Applied chemistry
- Preschool and Primary Education
- Art history
- Visual communication design
- Digital Media Arts and Public Arts
- Editing a broadcast and television program
- School of Humanities
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- College of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Electrical Engineering and Automation
- Control center
- School of Biology and Food Processing
- Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics
- School of Arts and Clothing
- Foreign language School
- School of Chemistry and Materials Science
- Faculty of Physics and Electronic Engineering
- Yushan College (private institution)
- School of Continuing Education
- College of Teacher Education
- Physical Education Department
The Institute pays special attention to student life outside the classroom. For this, students are provided with a green area, where many sports sections and centers are concentrated, as well as a five-story library. All nonresident students are provided with accommodation on campus. The average cost of living in a hostel is 800 – 1500 RMB per month.