About the university
Location: Changzhou, China
Changzhou University (aka Changzhou University or Changzhou State University) is located less than an hour’s drive from the world’s largest city – Shanghai. Founded in 1978, it continues the tradition of Nanjing Polytechnic College. Initially, future oil workers were trained here, but today the university offers foreign students a large list of specialties, including humanitarian ones.
University ranking and benefits
The institute is ranked among the top 100 institutions of higher education in China and is currently ranked 58th on the list. At the same time, he is on the 8th position in the list of the best universities in his province. Changzhou University was also included in the list of the 500 most famous institutes in the world according to the Nature Publishing Group and took 411th place in it.
The main advantages of studying at a university include:
- Numerous options for internships and practice, as well as future employment: the institute has contracts with such giants of the oil business as Sinop, CNPS, etc.
- Opportunity to receive two diplomas at once: from Changzhou University and one of the foreign partner universities.
- A large number of scholarships and financial support programs for foreign citizens.
- A comfortable climate in the region and the city, as well as improved living conditions in the dormitory.
Having entered the institute, you will also get a chance to get acquainted with the unique Chinese culture, because from Changzhou you can easily get not only to Shanghai, but also to the capital of the Celestial Empire, Beijing.
Composition and infrastructure
The total number of students at Changzhou University today is 20,000. More than 2,000 specialists work with them, who help students not only better assimilate knowledge, but also learn how to apply it in practice.
There are numerous infrastructure facilities at the disposal of students. These include a library, as well as sports facilities: exercise equipment, playgrounds, courts, football and basketball fields, etc.
Admission and tuition fees
Applicants to Changzhou University must meet the following requirements:
- Good health.
- Knowledge of the Chinese language at the level of HSK-4 (bachelor’s degree) or HSK-5 (master’s degree).
- Knowledge of the English language, which is confirmed by the presence of an IELTS or TOEFL certificate (for programs taught in English).
- Availability of the required package of documents (passport, 3×4 photographs, a copy of the certificate or diploma with a transcript and translation into Chinese.
Also, applicants must be at least 18 years old. You will also need a certificate of financial guarantees, which confirms that the student’s family is able to cope with the costs of his education. The cost of training is:
- Language program – 8000 yuan (about $ 1350) per semester, 15000 yuan (about $ 2570) per year.
- Undergraduate (humanities) – 14,000 yuan (about $ 2,400) per year.
- Undergraduate (Engineering) – 16,000 yuan (about $ 2,740) per year.
The 400 yuan registration fee is charged separately and is non-refundable.
The Institute is famous for its comprehensive approach to providing financial assistance to foreigners. Not only grants are available that cover the full cost of education and living, but also allow students to study at a reduced rate. For example, the price of an annual undergraduate study in this case will be equal to only 3000-4000 yuan per year, which is about $ 500 – $ 680).
For more information on scholarships, please visit the official website of the university.
Applicants from other countries are given the opportunity to enroll in one of the following stages:
- Chinese language courses at levels from elementary to advanced.
- Short-term programs for the study of the Chinese language and culture (with the organization of excursions to historical sites).
- Bachelor’s degree (Chinese language of instruction), duration – 4 years.
- Bachelor’s degree (English language of instruction), duration – 4 years.
English programs are not available for all specialties. Among the areas in which the English-speaking teachers are engaged, one can mention such as “Business”, “Pharmaceuticals”, “Linguistics”, “Free Arts”, etc.
The Institute includes several separate schools, each of which is associated with a specific educational area. They cover a wide range of specialties. Among the most popular divisions, schools should be mentioned:
- petrochemical engineering;
- mechanical engineering;
- petroleum engineering;
- materials science and engineering;
- mathematics and physics;
- pharmaceuticals and life sciences;
- languages and culture;
- physical culture.
- On the basis of each of the faculties there are scientific centers where students can engage in their own research.
Foreign students live in superior apartments, where each room has its own kitchen and bathroom. The hostel is arranged according to the apartment type and includes two accommodation options:
- Apartment with three double rooms, a common living room and kitchen, three bathrooms and balconies.
- Apartment with two triple rooms, a common living room and kitchen, two bathrooms and balconies.
The cost of living depends on the selected type of room:
- Double room – 9000 yuan (about $ 1530) per year.
- Triple room – 6000 yuan (about $ 1000) per year.
If desired, the student can live alone, in which case the cost of the hostel will be 16,000 yuan (about $ 2,700) per year.