About the university
Location: Hangzhou, China
Official full name – Zhejiang Gongshang University
The traditional Chinese name is 浙江工商大学
Shorthand – ZJSU
ZJSU University is Hangzhou’s professional business education institution and one of the top higher institutions in economics, management, law, literature, history, philosophy, technology, science and arts. The university has a good reputation for teaching and research, especially business, administration, law, food technology and other social sciences.
The predecessor was the Hangzhou Medium Business School, founded in 1911. She was the start of a new business education in Zhejiang province. It was the earliest professional cultivator in China today. And in 1980 it was approved by the State Council, after which it received recognition throughout the world.
University ranking and benefits
The ZJSU has 9 university departments in management, economics, engineering, literature, law, science, history, philosophy and art. ZJSU pays special attention to international exchanges and cooperation, and makes every effort to promote the maximum internationalization of education. The university has partnerships with more than 100 educational institutions and research institutions around the world. The university aims to expand the internationalization of faculties.
The main advantages of ZJSU University:
- highly professional teaching staff;
- diversified training programs in English;
- modern campuses and cutting-edge educational institutions;
- first-class cultural and sports facilities for a pleasant pastime;
- competitive housing rates and tuition fees;
- multilevel scholarships.
For the duration of their studies, students are provided with modern educational units, research centers, business centers, 9400 computers for technological training and much more.
University composition and infrastructure
The university consists of two campuses – Xiasha Campus and Jiaogong Lu Campus with a total area of 129.6 hectares. The campus houses a high-quality library with a collection of over 2.4 million volumes and books, 11,000 types of magazines and online publications.
The full composition of the ZJSU University:
- 2,200 teachers, of which more than 60% have the highest category and 796 are doctors;
- 34,500 students, of which more than 10% are foreigners.
Students can visit fitness centers, sports grounds, swimming pools, tennis and badminton halls. There are three dining rooms on campus that offer hearty meals and a variety of drinks.
Admission and tuition fees
Admission to ZJSU is carried out on a general basis. At the same time, the requirements for applicants wishing to study in English are as follows:
- Applicants must provide a high school certificate.
- Applicants must have good knowledge of English with a TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 and in good physical condition.
Tuition fees at ZJSU:
- registration mandatory fee – 400 yuan;
- insurance premium – RMB 500;
- China Business Program (Intensive Chinese Language Program) – 7,000 to 9,000 RMB;
- Bachelor’s degree – from 18,000 to 25,000 yuan;
- Master’s degree – from 25,000 to 28,000 yuan;
- Doctorate – 30,000 yuan.
The institution has 3 mobile doctoral stations, 3 first-level doctoral programs, 18 second-level doctoral programs, 13 first-level master’s programs, 69 second-level master’s programs and 11 additional master’s programs.
International students are eligible for grants at the legislative level. In addition, successful students are awarded multi-level state scholarships. The size of the scholarships ranges from RMB 600 to RMB 3000 per year. The first prize scholarship is RMB 4,000 per year. About 100 foreign students have received scholarships from the Zhejiang Provincial Government. In order to expand the number of overseas students and increase the degree of education, ZJSU has created 27 Master of Foreign Languages programs specifically designed for foreigners. Now the number of foreign students is doubling every year.
- Business English
- Chinese Language and Literature (Business) for Translation Students
- Computer Science and Technology
- Communication technology
- E-commerce and statistics
- international Business
- International finance
- International Hotel Management (Tourism Management)
- Japanese with Chinese and Japanese bilingual orientation
- Law (international law)
- Logistics Management (Linguistics and Applied Linguistics in Foreign Languages)
- Environmental Science and Technology
- Information and communication engineering
- Business Administration Science
- Shopping training center
- College of Business Administration
- College of Economics
- College of Finance
- School of Statistics and Mathematics
- College of Accounting
- College of Tourism
- Faculty of Law
- College of Food Science, Biotechnology, and Environmental Engineering
- College of Information and Electronic Engineering
- Faculty of Informatics
- College of Mass Communications
- College of Public Administration
- Foreign language School
- College of Japanese Language and Culture
- Faculty of Art Design
All out-of-town students are eligible to reside on campus in attractive residence halls.
- Single room A – 1 100 / month
- Single room B – 900 / month
- Double room A – 650 / month
- Double room B – 400 / month
- Quadruple room – 250 / month
Each student is provided with a bed, desk, wardrobe for personal use. Class A rooms, in addition to basic furniture, have air conditioning, refrigerator, TV. At the same time, all rooms have a communal kitchen and a communal laundry.