About the university
Location: Zhenjiang, China
Jiangsu University is one of the largest universities in the Middle Kingdom, focused on science, engineering and internationalization. Founded in 1902, Jiangsu University in China has been a source of innovation, both technological and academic, for over a century. His vocation is the fusion of educational spheres of pedagogy, medicine, science and high technologies.
Founded in 1902. The main directions are science, engineering, internationalization.
Students from China, Russia and other countries choose Jiangsu University due to a number of its positive characteristics:
- among the university teachers there are 450 professors, 54% of whom have received a doctorate and 25% have been trained abroad;
- over the past five years, the size of the Jiangsu University research fund, sponsored by the state and enterprises, totals 25 billion yuan;
- the ESI world ranking brought to the TOP four disciplines taught at this university (clinical medicine, mechanical engineering, chemistry and materials science);
- the university has a Research Center, which includes an affiliated hospital;
- the university officially cooperates with 87 universities from thirty regions and countries.
University ranking and its advantages
Jiangsu University is ranked 801-1000 in the World University Rankings and 201-250 in Asia Universities Ranking
Since 2005, JU has started accepting international students. Currently, almost 900 international students from about 90 countries study at JSU. Since 2010, JSU has focused on promoting internationalization through extensive teaching and research work.
Over the past 4 years, the research fund is about 2.789 billion RMB, funded by governments and companies.
Jiangsu University signed an institutional cooperation memorandum with 128 universities or research institutions in 33 countries and areas such as America, England, Germany, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, Russia, France, Italy, Korea, India, Singapore, Sweden, Austria, Ghana and the Netherlands.
Together with the Karl Franzens University in Graz (Austria), he created a Confucian educational institution, jointly offering master’s degrees.
Composition and infrastructure of Jiangsu University
The area of the university is 3,045 Chinese mu (approximately 502 acres), and
all structures on an area of 1.5 million m2.
There is one national engineering technology research center for training. One People’s Experimental Training Demonstration Center. Two national pilot zones for innovation to improve
talents. One key laboratory of the Ministry of Education. Twelve regional pilot demonstration centers. Thirteen key laboratories at the ministry level.
The university library has an area of 62,500 m2 and
a collection of 2.6 million books and 1 scientific and technical station for searching for novelties. Jiangsu University has its own publishing house and its own University Hospital.
Jiangsu University also works closely with Jiangsu University of technology, Jiangsu University of science and technology.
Admission and tuition fees
Requirements for admission:
• Grades: above 70% or B or their equivalents
• English: IELTS: 6 / TOEFL: 70 / or analogs
Bachelor – under 25
Master’s degree – under 30 years old.
• Master’s degree: 20,000 CNY. Tuition discounts annually (students receive based on their academic performance)
• Bachelor: 10,000 CNY. There are discounts for training for the first year
Jiangsu University Grants
- JasmineScholarship – 30,000-50,000 CNY (this amount is enough to cover all expenses).
- Jasmine TSP Scholarship – 10,000 CNY + full scholarship (payment for health insurance, accommodation, tuition and living allowance).
- JUST Scholarship for undergraduate students – 7000 CNY per year + payment of accommodation.
- JUST Scholarship for graduate students – 9000 CNY per year + tuition and accommodation fees
- JUST Scholarship for postgraduate students – 12,000 CNY per year + tuition and accommodation fees
- Grants for the best undergraduate students (based on GPA) – from 2000CNY per year to 8000CNY per year.
Requirements for candidates:
- foreign students can apply for a scholarship; the candidate must be an international student, be in good health and abide by the laws of China;
- for admission to a bachelor’s degree – completed secondary education and be no older than 25 years.
- for admission to the magistracy – a bachelor’s degree and be no older than 40 years; for admission to graduate school – a master’s degree and be no older than 45 years;
- if the student will study in English, you must have a certificate confirming proficiency in English: TOEFL 550 (IBT 80) or IELTS 5.5;
- if the student will study in Chinese, it is necessary to have a certificate of proficiency in the Chinese language: HSK
- Level 4 or HSK Junior-C certificate.
- Students who do not meet these requirements can take a Chinese language course (usually 1 year).
The conditions of the grant apply to the first year of study. If a student wishes to receive another grant, he must submit an application annually. The key to successfully receiving a grant is high academic performance and other achievements during the year of study.
The University provides all international students with an extensive study program.
JSU offers 88 undergraduate programs, 170 master’s programs and 42 PhD programs in 10 academic areas:
- The science
- The medicine
The dormitory of Jiangsu University is located on the campus itself. There are several types of hostels, for the Chinese themselves and for foreigners. Since in Chinese culture
it is customary to offer guests all the best; hostels for foreigners are always distinguished by additional comfort.
Dormitories are equipped with all furniture necessary for a student (table, chairs, wardrobe, bed). There are four, two and one-bed dormitories (depending on the type of accommodation at the university). Often, students are provided with double apartments, but some also have four-bed apartments. For single apartments you can pay extra.