About the university
Location: Harbin, China
Official name – Harbin University of Commerce
The traditional Chinese name is 哈尔滨 大
Abbreviated – HUC
State University HUC is China’s national educational institution that trains professionals in international trade and commerce. The institution has a high level of competence and qualifications for Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate, postgraduate accreditation and international cooperation degrees.
The University of Commerce was founded in 1952 and is considered the first interdisciplinary business institution in China to be approved by the Ministry of Education. In 2000, it merged with Heilongjiang Financial College to create Harbin Trade University. It is currently part of the People’s Government of Heilongjiang Province. Harbin University of Trade is located in the famous northern city of Harbin, boasting two campuses with a total area of 1,131,700 m² and an area of 600,300 m² of teaching buildings.
University ranking and benefits
The HUC institution has an all-round power and de facto dominance in scientific research, persists in scientific research facing economic development. Every year he takes over and completes about 100 state and provincial projects. The university has published many scientific articles and books on a special subject, it has achieved a large number of research results, including fundamental and applied research, has developed a unique system of research and development of commerce.
The main advantages of HUC:
- active participation in international research;
- participation in the PROJECT 211 program;
- comprehensive support from the state and the Ministry of Education of China.
Over the past few years, the university has carried out over 500 projects from the National Natural Science Foundation, the Science Foundation for National Philosophy and Sociology.
University composition and infrastructure
The HUC consists of 16 colleges and 2 academic faculties, which cover 7 disciplines: economics, management, engineering, science, law, humanities, medicine, offering 39 Bachelor’s programs. In addition, the HUC offers several second bachelor’s degrees: Business Administration, Marketing, Accounting, Economics, International Economics and Trade, Law, Computer Science and Technology. And also some supportive study programs of the highest degree: accounting, marketing, business management, computer science and technology.
The full composition of the HUC University:
- 1,900 teachers of the highest category, of which more than 50% are associate professors, doctors of science and specialized specialists and experts;
- 26,000 students, of which more than 15% are foreigners.
Since 2014, HUC has established a state-of-the-art National Engineering Research Center, a Ministry of Education Research Center and Engineering Research Center, a National Education Teacher Training Base of the Ministry of Education, and two main strategic laboratories.
Admission and tuition fees
Admission to the HUC is carried out on the general basis provided for by the legislation of China. The main requirements for applicants are as follows:
- Over 18 years of age and in good physical shape.
- Availability of a Certificate for 11 classes.
- TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
Annual tuition fees at HUC:
- registration fee – 400 yuan;
- insurance premium – RMB 500;
- Bachelor’s degree – from 16,000 to 20,000 yuan;
- Master’s degree – from 18,000 to 30,000 yuan;
- Doctorate degree – from 35,000 to 40,000 yuan.
HUC provides many types of scholarships and loans to underprivileged students in accordance with national legislation. Therefore, a foreign student is eligible for a grant, as well as for an increased presidential scholarship.
- Business English
- International economics and trade
- Science and technology of management
- Sports Economics and Management
- Art design
- Food quality and safety
- Light industrial textile products
- Oil and gas storage and transportation technology
- Pharmaceutical engineering
- Construction environment and equipment
- Civil engineering
- Software development
- Electronic Information Engineering
- Heat and energy
- Labor and social security
- Commodity research
- Mechanical design and manufacturing and automation
- Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
- Human Resources Management (Tourism Management)
- Financial Management (Accounting)
- Business administration
- Marketing education
- Cooking and eating
- School of Economics
- School of Finance and Public Administration
- School of Finance
- Management department
- School of Accounting
- Food Processing School
- College of Light Industry
- School of Computer and Information Engineering
- College of Energy and Architectural Engineering
- Tourism Culinary Institute
- Pharmacy Center
- Law school
- College of Foreign Languages
- School of design
- School of Basic Sciences
- Sports College
- International Institute of Education
- College of Continuing Education
All nonresident students are provided with housing on campus. Single room is 30 RMB per day, double room is 40 RMB per room. Regardless of which room international students choose, they can enjoy a good environment and equipped dorm amenities such as a separate toilet, air conditioning and Internet access. If students want to cook for themselves, they can do so in the equipped public kitchen. The hostel is the best place to meet new people from other countries.