About the university
Location: Hangzhou, China
Official full name – Hangzhou Dianzi University
The traditional Chinese name is 杭州电子科技大学
Abbreviated – HDU
HDU State University is a national treasure of China, as the institution is ranked in the top 5% of universities by international rankings. The university is located on the mainland of China in the province of Zhejiang, Hangzhou. The institution is a key academic and research university with its own programs in electronic science and technology, engineering and information technology, and management and accounting. HDU has 4 campuses located throughout the city center, a higher education park and an economic development zone. The Xiasha campus is the main campus and is the largest in terms of area.
The predecessor of HDU was the Hangzhou School of Economics and Aviation Industry, established in 1956, and only changed its name to its current name in 2004. HDU is operated directly by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and the provincial government. The institution emphasizes disciplines in engineering, economics, science and art. Therefore, it cooperates with more than 40 research institutions and companies of global importance.
University ranking and benefits
HDU carries out a variety of high-tech research and development projects funded by provinces or ministries, many of which have won the National First or Second Prize for Scientific and Technological Progress, the National Invention Prize and the National Pedagogical Achievement Prize …
The main advantages of the university:
- active cooperation with major research stations and centers;
- participation in the PROJECT 211 program;
- participation in international student exchange.
In 2013, HDU partnered with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and launched its own ACCA course program. The program has reached a large number of talented students and has helped many of them successfully enter the Big Four accounting firms, making it an elite university program.
University composition and infrastructure
The study area is divided into 5 campuses, namely Xiasha, East Xiasha, Wenyi, Dongyue and Zinshanhu. Each campus has its own student residence. The complex site is home to 25 schools and research institutes that offer 53 undergraduate and 43 graduate programs in engineering, management, economics, science, literature, law and education, as well as many interactive disciplines and complementary majors.
Full staff of HDU University:
- 2,200 teachers of the highest category, of which more than 700 are professors and associate professors;
- 29,000 students, of which more than 10% are foreigners.
As of April 2018, the institution has 2 national experimental training demonstration centers, 3 experimental training demonstration centers in Zhejiang, 3 basic educational bases for university students at the national level and a model of experimental modeling of specialists at the national level.
Admission and tuition fees
Standard admission to an institution implies a Certificate for 11 classes and an IELTS certificate with a corresponding indicator. In this case, the age of the applicant must be from 18 to 35 years old.
Annual tuition fees at HDU:
- registration fee – 400 yuan;
- insurance premium – 600 yuan;
- language program – 6,300 yuan;
- Bachelor’s degree – from 16,000 to 18,000 yuan;
- Master’s degree – from 19,600 to 22,600 yuan;
- Doctorate degree – 30,000 yuan.
Almost all Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programs are available for foreign students to study in English, so the applicant must provide an IELTS certificate with an indicator of at least 6.5 points. When studying in Chinese, an HSK certificate of level 4 or higher is required.
Scholarships for students:
- Undergraduate scholarship: 10,000 – 20,000 RMB / year
- Scholarship for Masters Degree: 15,000 – 30,000 RMB / year
- Doctorate Scholarship: 15,000 – 30,000 RMB / year
In addition, there is an additional scholarship for successful students from the government and from Zhejiang province.
- Business management
- International economics and trade
- Computer Science and Technology
- Electronic and Information Engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Applied Physics and Statistics
- Biomedical engineering
- China International Education
- Digital media technologies (New media communications)
- Electrical Engineering and Automation
- Environmental Science and Technology
- Information and computer technology
- Measuring and control technologies and devices
- Mechanical design and manufacturing and automation
- Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
- Optical informatics and engineering
- Automotive engineering
- English language
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Electronics and Information
- Center for engineering communications
- Automatic College
- Computer College
- School of Materials and Environmental Engineering
- Information and Instrumental Engineering School
- Software Institute
- College of Science
- School of Economics and Management
- School of Accounting
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
- School of Digital Media and Art Design
- College of Liberal Arts and Law
- Marxist Academy
- Department of Physical Education and Arts
- College of Excellence
- International Institute of Education
- Zhejiang Mystery Institute
- College of Continuing Education
All nonresident students are eligible to live on campus in a student residence.
Cost of living:
- Single room – 8100 yuan;
- Double room – 4050 yuan.
The university emphasizes the all-round development of its students and works to develop high-quality professionals with practical skills. Having established stable cooperative relationships with several hundred enterprises in China, India and Japan, the university provides many opportunities for students to participate in internships both domestically and overseas, not to mention providing ideal job opportunities at well-known technology companies. Students who graduate from HDU are acclaimed by their employers and excel in their achievements in important science and technology competitions around the world.